Iyengar Yoga Sussex (IYS formerly IIYS) is an organisation of Sussex based teachers and students who study the Iyengar way of practising Yoga. It was established in 1992, and currently has about 100 members, including teachers in East and West Sussex.
The aims of IYS are:
- To promote public understanding of the practice of Yoga according to the principles of B.K.S. Iyengar
- To arrange for public benefit the holding of yoga classes, demonstrations, and celebrations
- To support financially or through service such charitable purposes as may uphold the above objectives
- To maintain contacts with the national Iyengar Association and other Iyengar Institutes
As a member of the IIYS you are entitled to:
- Local IYS events at discounted prices
- Discounts on yoga equipment
- 2 copies of IYS newsletter per year
- Automatic membership of IY (UK)
- Free copies of IY (UK) national magazine published twice a year
- Invitation to IY (UK) national conventions with world-renowned yoga teachers
- The opportunity to network with other Iyengar Yoga practitioners
Download Membership Form
To download the membership form use the buttons below. Please print the form, fill it in and send to the address on the form.
Download Latest Newsletter
Use the button below to download the latest IYS Newsletter.
Chair: Brian Ingram firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Secretary: Randall Evans email@example.com
Web Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org